Impact teachers are critical to the leadership of each Impact school. From running excellent classrooms to providing feedback on systems, structures, and curriculum their voices guide each decision made.
In addition to the leadership that every Impact teacher participates in, there are further ways for Impact teachers to utilize their unique talents to lead their schools. Whether it is through working with scholars, hyping up the team for school culture, coaching a new member of the team or leading their colleagues, Impact teachers can play key roles in the school community.
Apply today for a teacher leader role in the 2023-24 school year!
Impact will offer a stipend for faculty who take on these assigned roles that require an additional 120 minutes of work per week. Please note that this is for work above and beyond what is part of the normal teacher job description. Stipends are not given for work that falls within a teacher’s salaried role.
To ensure that leadership is spread across the site, teachers will typically only be permitted to take on one leadership role per year during the school year. Each year, teachers will re-apply to ensure opportunities for all. Stipends and compensation are subject to change year to year.
The Grade Team Lead supports their grade level in ensuring effective collaboration and lesson internalization. In addition the Grade Team Lead meets weekly with school leadership to communicate any concerns from the grade level and provide feedback on curriculum, plans, and critical paths .
- Attend a weekly 50-minute planning team meeting outside of school hours
- Prep for a weekly GLT meeting
- Lead the weekly GLT meeting
- Support planning of grade level events (eg. field trips)
- $2,000 stipend distributed over two payments. $1,000 paid in December and $1,000 paid in June.
- Customized professional development during 1-2 days of summer training.
- Teacher leadership experience
- Teacher leadership, colleague relationships and detail orientation skills as seen by school leadership
- Data showing the teacher’s ability to support scholar growth
- Overall excellent rubric performance on the Impact Everyone Grows Rubric
Over the summer, School Leadership, Home Office, and the Operations team are hard at work to prepare for the upcoming school year! If you're a teacher interested in earning some additional money this summer, we have a few opportunities available. Stipends and compensation for summer opportunities are subject to change year to year.
The Operations teams at each of your schools need your help setting up classrooms and following up with families on key information this summer!
- 4-5 weeks over the summer (6/26 - 8/4, July 4th week is closed) from 9-3 pm, M - Th
- Support the operations team with breaking down and setting up classrooms & supplies
- Support the operations team with making family phone calls
- Stipend for 4 weeks: $2,000, + 2 flex days
- Stipend for 5 weeks: $2,500, + 2 flex days
- Strong attention to detail
- Some manual labor
- A drive for efficiency
- Joyful and warm connection with families